Sunday, November 20, 2016

Swiss history and historical attractions!

            Hello my fellow Switzerland lovers!




Myself, being a huge history buff, made Ava follow me around Switzerland visiting historical places all over the country. We learned so many interesting things while doing this as well. Back in 1798, Switzerland was taken over by Napoleonic France and then in 1812, ironically the same year as the British/America mess known as the War of 1812 broke loose, Switzerland drafted a statement of neutrality. (5) I also made Ava go to the historical attraction of Augusta Raurica, a preserved Ancient Rome site in Switzerland(16). It was founded in 15 BC and used to be a prosperous colonia of 20,000 people(16)! We learned so much Swiss history I had written it all down on a notepad to make sure I would remember it all. Ava may not have enjoyed learning the history as much as me, but she sure was amused at how I was so invested in something like history.


Image result for augusta raurica pictures
Who: Was a place for the Romans
What: An Ancient Roman colonia
When: Founded in 15 BC
Where Near Basels in Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment